Things to See and Do
There are so many things that we love about this area and your stay can be as relaxed or action packed as you wish.
We provide a tour office as a free service to you. Because you are talking to locals, we have unique insight into what is available in the area and not everything has to cost money!
Tell us what you would like to do (it could be one thing or many), you can get back to your holiday while we get to work and book your activities for you. The service is free to you.
We can provide recommendations and we cover everywhere from Cook Town to Airlie Beach so you can even have us book ahead to those locations so you don’t miss out.
The tour office team work from 8am and 6 pm each day (except Christmas and New Years days). Drop in and see us or you can call 07 4068 8671 or or email
Please note that some tours and activities are weather dependent and may be cancelled at short notice due to unforeseen weather changes such as high winds, high tides etc. Any deposits paid are always cheerfully and fully refunded and we can always offer you alternative ideas about what to do for the day.
We have put a few of our favourite choices here, but there is so much more. And remember, we organise it all for you, just give us a call. The service is free. You could……
- Skydive with a beach landing.
- White water rafting. The World Rafting Championships are held on the Mighty Tully River – that’s how good it is.
- Horse riding through the tropical rain forest.
- Get on the water. Hire a boat/jet ski by the hour and you don’t need a boat licence. Explore the Family Island Group which includes Dunk Island.
- Hire a fishing charter. We have a couple of fantastic charters where you can catch, cook and enjoy. A really fun day out.
- Snorkel or scuba. Small groups explore the Great Barrier Reef. Did you know that this area is one of the most beautiful and the closest to the shore line (meaning less time getting to where you want to be).
Of course, you can do nothing much at all.....
- Relax by the pool.
- Sit outside and wait for the cassowaries to wander past.
- Stroll the 14 kilometre stretch of golden sandy beaches across the road (dogs must be on a lead on the beach). The sunrise over Dunk Island is a visual spectacular.
- Take the children and cool off at the free local splash pad (about 400 metres north on this road), right next to the free skate park and basketball court.
- Watch a dvd from the choice provided.
- Wander to the local fish and chip shop down the road and eat on the beach.
Leave the cottage and.....
- Head in to Mission Beach town where you will find a collection of boutique stores stocking interesting homewares, jewellery, clothing.
- You can feast at local restaurants (we provide a dining guide in the cottages).
- Take a rainforest walk and view the local flora and fauna (local maps provided).
- Picnic and swim at waterfalls and icy cold swimming holes.
- Visit the tropical winery, gin distillery, tea plantation.
- Tour Charleys Chocolate farm or Tully Sugar Mill.
- Book the Three Island Tour which is a lovely way to spend a half day. You will swim and snorkel as well as explore various Family Group islands.
- Visit Dunk Island by water taxi where you can explore, picnic and swim.
- Stop in at Paronella Park to explore the amazing complex and hear the story of the romantic Spaniard who built it for his beautiful bride.
- Walk through the rainforest tree tops at Mamu Tropical Skywalk.
- Join a crocodile spotting trip down the rivers